INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND THE MEANS USED TO COLLECT
GHR collects information about our clients that is necessary to provide those services usual and customary to independent insurance agents. GHR collects the necessary information from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, address and date of birth.
- Information about our clients’ transactions with us. This information may include, but is not limited to, claims and payment history.
- Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies. This information may include, but is not limited to, a driving record or insurance score report.
To collect client information from the above-stated sources, GHR may use the following means of communication to gather information: written, in-person, telephone, electronically and online.
HOW WE SHARE CLIENT INFORMATION WITH NON-AFFILIATED THIRD PARTIES
GHR does not share information about our clients or former clients with non-affiliated third parties other than as permitted or required by law. For example, GHR may share all of the information listed above with non-affiliated third parties for, including but not limited to, the following reasons:
- Information that is necessary to service or process the insurance needs of our clients, in a manner that is consistent with the usual and customary services provided by independent insurance agents. Such usual and customary services or processes provided by GHR to its clients include but are not limited to underwriting, shopping the renewal, rating, placement and providing quotes for insurance that is germane to the coverage the client places with our agency.
- Information that is necessary to protect the confidentiality or security of our clients’ records.
- Information that is necessary to resolve client disputes or inquiries.
- Information that is required by individuals or entities who are assessing our legal compliance.
- Information that is required for GHR to comply with the law.
- To an actuarial or research organization for the purpose of conducting actuarial or research studies.
- Information that is necessary to protect against or prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims or other liability.
GHR may disclose information we collect, as described above to companies that perform marketing or other services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
HOW WE SHARE CLIENT INFORMATION WITH AFFILIATED PARTIES
GHR will share clients’ information with our affiliates Insurance Partners of PA, Inc. DBA Herb Insurance and PA Title & Tag Service, Inc. DBA Pennsburg Fast Tags to the extent that is necessary to service or process the client’s mutual interest with either or both of these affiliates.
OUR PRACTICES REGARDING INFORMATION CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
GHR maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to guard your information. These safeguards include, but are not limited to the following:
- We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about our clients and former clients to those employees who need to know that information in order to assist in providing services or products to the client.
- We will discipline any employee who impermissibly shares client information.
- We use a secure internet and email provider to protect the confidentiality of electronic communications.